Sunday, February 14, 2010

Shot of NyQuil with a Diet Coke chaser

Hi, my name is Sassy, and I'm addicted to Diet Coke. 

I can't begin to tell you how addicted I am to Diet Coke. I drink it morning, noon, and night. I even take one last sip of Diet Coke as a chaser after a shot of NyQuil.

I've been fighting off a cold, including doubling my dose of vitamin C and taking NyQuil the last two nights to make sure I can sleep. I'm not "sick" but I'm definitely fighting and will win this battle.

NyQuil is an amazing thing. That feeling just a few minutes after you take it, when you can feel your body sinking into sleep, is so nice, especially when you aren't feeling good.

But I had to giggle at my addiction to Diet Coke these last two nights when, after taking my NyQuil, I turn off all the lights in my room, sit on the edge of my bed, and grab that cup of Diet Coke sitting on my bedside table. 

A cup of Diet Coke is always sitting on my bedside table before I go to sleep. Even if I don't drink from it before I go to sleep, I will drink it in the morning to wake me up. Yeah...I'm addicted.

But of all the things in the world that I could be addicted to, I'll take Diet Coke any day of the week. My family is prone to addiction: my maternal grandmother was an alcoholic, my older brother is recovering from a love of hillbilly crack (meth), and my mother is addicted to being married (3 husbands and counting).

Happy Valentine's Day from me & my love, Diet Coke! 


1 comment: